- What is Dynamic PSP?
- What are the differences between Oracle PSP and Dynamic PSP?
- Why not use JSP?
- Why Oracle still supports PL/SQL when they integrated Java into Oracle RDBMS?
- How To Secure Dynamic PSP Development Interface?
- How to enable native PL/SQL compilation in 9i Release 2 on Windows?
- I am unable to login into Unit Commander using default account.
- What is WebDAV?
- How to avoid redirection from index.html to DPSP unit?
- Java class to convert xls to csv or from MS Excel to CSV file into PL/SQL and upload data from .xls file to Oracle
- Java class to convert from DBF (DB2) to CSV file within Oracle PL/SQL
Why Oracle still supports PL/SQL when they integrated Java into Oracle RDBMS?
You can find this out at Oracle Technology Network,
but here's a small primer:
PL/SQL is still native and preferred programming language for Oracle application development.
PL/SQL codebase is already massive and expands each day. Oracle will not dump PL/SQL in favor of
Java because PL/SQL is best suited for database programming, while Java is a general purpose
language. Adding Java support into Oracle8i expanded the horizon for Oracle developers giving
them new powerful tool for developing applications, but Java is not a replacement for PL/SQL, it's a valuable addition to it.